We are in compliance with the requirements of EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance (“COPPA”).Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 16 years old or older.
2. Types of Data We Collect
"Personal Data" means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. "Anonymous Data" means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
You can browse our Website without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Data about yourself. Once you give us your Personal Data, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with Personal Data, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States.
We may collect and store the following Personal Data:
- e-mail address, phone number, physical contact information, and sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- transactional information based on your activities on the Website (such as buying, selling, item and content you generate or that relates to your account);
- shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase an item;
- community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our Website, and correspondence sent to us;
- other information from your interaction with our Website, Service, and content, including device ID, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, IP address and standard web log information;
- additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list);
- information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data;
- if you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply; and
- other supplemental information from third parties.
Information Collected via Technology.
- To make our Website and Service more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
Information Collected from Third Party Companies.
We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from companies that provide our Service by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website or companies or individuals that offer their products on our Website or through our Service. These third party companies and individuals may supply us with Personal Data,. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Website in order to improve the Service we provide.
Registration and sharing Through Third-Party Services.
We may offer single sign-on services that allow you to use third party login credentials to sign into Service. With your permission, Dreamvention may also transfer to Dreamvention profile information contained in your third-party profile. Dreamvention may also, for your use, enable you to import information about who you are connected to, as well as enable you to share information with those third-party sites. If you wish to discontinue such sharing, you will be able to do so through your preference page.
Information You Share on Dreamvention.
Some (mostly optional) information you provide, such as your full name, may be displayed throughout the Website (and so available to the public) and connected to all of your Dreamvention activity. Notices sent to other community members about suspicious activity and policy violations on our Website refer to specific items. So if you associate your name with your items, the people to whom you have revealed your name will be able to personally identify your Dreamvention items.
If you access our Website from a shared computer or a computer in an Internet café, certain information about you may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
3. Use of Your Personal Data
Our primary purpose in collecting Personal Data is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your Personal Data to:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your account on our network;
- identify you as a User in the system;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your account was created;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- provide the Service and customer support you request;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- customize, measure and improve our Service and content;
- tell you about our Service, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties; and
- and other uses as described when we collect the information.
Creation of Anonymous Data.
We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Service and improve site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
4. Our Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may disclose Personal Data to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also share your Personal Data with:
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs).
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other Dreamvention User to legal liability. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, e-mail address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, bidding and listing history, and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation.
5. Using Information from Dreamvention
Dreamvention enables you to share personal and financial information to complete transactions and collect payments. We encourage you to disclose your privacy practices and respect the privacy of other Users. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information and therefore we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other Users' contact, shipping and financial information to facilitate your transactions and collect payments. When Users are involved in a transaction, they may have access to each other's name, User ID, e-mail address and other contact and shipping information. In all cases, you must give other Users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
You agree to use User information only for:
- Dreamvention transaction-related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages;
- using services offered through Dreamvention (such as shipping and fraud complaints), or
- other purposes that a User expressly chooses.
6. No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
We and our Users do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your Dreamvention communication preferences so we communicate to you as you prefer. You are not licensed to add other Dreamvention Users, even a User who has purchased an item from you, to your mailing list (e-mail or physical mail) without their express consent. To report Dreamvention-related spam or spoof e-mails to Dreamvention, please forward the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our User Agreement. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools. If you send an e-mail to an e-mail address that is not registered in our community, we do not permanently store that e-mail or use that e-mail address for any marketing purpose. We do not rent or sell these e-mail addresses.
7. Account Protection
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your Dreamvention password to anyone. If you do share your password or your Personal Data with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your Personal Data and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Dreamvention and change your password.
8. Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Data
You may change any of your Personal Data in your account by editing your profile within your account or by sending an e-mail to us at the e-mail address set forth below. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your Personal Data from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain Personal Data from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our User Agreement, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Your information is stored on our servers located in Germany. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other Users may abuse or misuse your Personal Data that they collect from the Website. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Data or private communications will always remain private.
10. Third Parties
12. How to access and control your information
You have certain choices available to you when it comes to your information. Below is a summary of those choices, how to exercise them and any limitations.
You have the right to request a copy of your information, to object to our use of your information (including for marketing purposes), to request the deletion or restriction of your information, or to request your information in a structured, electronic format. Below, we describe the tools and processes for making these requests. You may contact us as provided in the Contact Us section below to request assistance.
Your request and choices may be limited in certain cases: for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal information about another person, or if you ask to delete information which we or your administrator are permitted by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep. Where you have asked us to share data with third parties, for example, by installing third-party apps, you will need to contact those third-party service providers directly to have your information deleted or otherwise restricted. If you have unresolved concerns, you may have the right to complain to a data protection authority in the country where you live, where you work or where you feel your rights were infringed.
Access and update your information: Our Services and related documentation give you the ability to access and update certain information about you from within the Service. You can update your profile information within your profile settings.
Delete your account: If you no longer wish to use our Services, you or your administrator may be able to delete your Services account. If you can delete your own account, that setting is available to you in your account settings. Otherwise, please contact your administrator. You may also contact Dreamvention support (email@example.com) to request your account be deleted.
Delete your information: Our Services give you the ability to delete certain information about you from within the Service. For example, you can remove certain profile information within your profile settings. Please note, however, that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, to complete transactions or to comply with our legal obligations.
Request that we stop using your information: In some cases, you may ask us to stop accessing, storing, using and otherwise processing your information where you believe we don't have the appropriate rights to do so. For example, if you believe a Services account was created for you without your permission or you are no longer an active user, you can request that we delete your account as provided in this policy. Where you gave us consent to use your information for a limited purpose, you can contact us to withdraw that consent, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place at the time. You can also opt-out of our use of your information for marketing purposes by contacting us, as provided below. When you make such requests, we may need time to investigate and facilitate your request. If there is delay or dispute as to whether we have the right to continue using your information, we will restrict any further use of your information until the request is honored or the dispute is resolved, provided your administrator does not object (where applicable). If you object to information about you being shared with a third-party integration, please disable the integration or contact your administrator to do so.
Opt out of communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email, or by contacting us as provided below to have your contact information removed from our promotional email list or registration database. Even after you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive transactional messages from us regarding our Services.
Data portability: Data portability is the ability to obtain some of your information in a format you can move from one service provider to another (for instance, when you transfer your mobile phone number to another carrier). Depending on the context, this applies to some of your information, but not to all of your information. Should you request it, we will provide you with an electronic file of your basic account information and the information you create on the spaces you under your sole control, like your personal Dreamvention account.